- We accept medium & small dogs only. (Expected adult weight 35 lbs and under)
- Minimum age of 4 months (Pups under 1 year of age should complete a puppy or basic obedience class.)
- Dogs 6 months and older must be spayed/neutered.
- Up to date on rabies, distemper, bordetella, and a fecal done within the past 15 days.
- Must schedule and pass an intake eval.
- Evals are by appointment only.
- Lucky Dog does not offer boarding.
- As a small facility, Lucky Dog is unable to accommodate dogs that are drop ins or simply visiting Dayton for a day or two.
- Make sure to check out our FAQ page!
Each potential Lucky Dog Camper will have to pass an evaluation and meet our general Camper criteria outlined above under requirements. We encourage campers to be on a form of flea and tick preventative. Our daycare currently accepts only a limited amount of dogs per day- this enables us to form a close relationship with both owner and pet, to learn the quirks and personalities of all dogs under our care and really provide excellent personalized care to each Camper.
However it does mean that we are both selective and transparent when it comes to filling our available spots. If you have a pet that is fearful of other dogs/new people/places – working with a behaviorist and/or building up to daycare would be your next step. If your pet has issues with commands – no recall, no name recognition, etc- do a 6 week training class or work with a trainer before daycare, as the ability to direct and work with our Campers verbally is an important cornerstone of our day.
Our Evaluations are 4 hours in length- you will drop your pet off and pick them up at prearranged times. Please fill out our enroll form to schedule an evaluation – we’ll get back to you by email about the details of your Camper application as well as some available dates & times.